Pages

Sunday 29 January 2012

RICHARD MARX AND MATT SCANNELL



Tonight I have the pleasure of going to see Jim Cuddy perform without his Blue Rodeo band. A true Canadian favourite, I am sure he will be everything I am expecting him to be and won't disappoint.

A little while ago I was able to see one of my favourite singers and guitar players, Richard Marx. Although still as cute as ever, he is a little older and has mellowed a bit. With his latest CD with Matt Scannell, called Duo, both he and Matt sang some of the songs we all remembered and some new ones. Matt hails from the band Vertical Horizon. Singing Everything You Want, Right Here Waiting, and Endless Summer Nights brought back a lot of memories for me (all good ones though). It amazes me that a song can induce so much memory and bring us back to a specific time in our lives and make us remember exactly how we felt then or who we were with. The whole night was full of a lot of good memories, good music, and good entertainment with two great guys.


No comments:

Post a Comment