Pages

Tuesday 27 March 2012

SHERWOOD INN, MUSKOKA

Not more than about two hours away from here in Port Carling tucked in amongst huge pines on Lake Joseph is Sherwood Inn. Port Carling is just starting to wake up from winter, so you won't find a lot of restaurants open yet. In fact, most shops don't open until May. But that didn't matter to me because I was going to snowshoe and ski on Lake Joseph, hit the hot tub, go to the spa, and relax overlooking the beautiful lake with a glass of wine and the fireplace going.

NOT....For the middle of March, it was the hottest weather ever for this time of year and the lake was not safe to go on. If I did, you would have found me at the bottom. It won't be long before you can swim in the lake instead of skiing on it. Sherwood Inn has a main lodge or Inn but it also has lodges and rooms across the property with a fitness centre, tennis courts, spa, restaurant, lounge, hot tub and many activities for all seasons. I have seen weddings taking place here, both in the winter and summer. It feels like a home away from home. Staff are very friendly and helpful and I always find it so peaceful just sitting outside in the muskoka chairs with a fire burning. So I did relax, enjoy some wonderful food, and have that glass of wine and for a bit forget about everything else.








No comments:

Post a Comment