Pages

Sunday 25 March 2012

EIFFEL TOWER

You aren't in Paris if you don't see the Eiffel Tower. That is what Paris is to me. I got home from my trip and realized that I had taken more pictures of the Eiffel Tower than anything else in Paris. Now that's fine for me but not so good when you are trying to show your family and have to keep pressing the "next" button because they're just not feeling the thrill of seeing so many pictures of the Eiffel Tower as you did.

There's the tower at night all lit up and then there is the tower during the day. I don't know what I expected the first time I saw it up close, but just the structure and the way it is built out of wrought iron amazed me. I have waited until now to actually get to see it that when I did, it was quite surreal. The tower stands 324 metres (1,063 ft) and is the tallest tower in Paris.  Quite a beautiful sight if you ever get the chance to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment