Pages

Tuesday 13 March 2012

THANKS TO ALL

It's so good to see the snow starting to melt. With hopefully our last big storm of the winter out of the way, I will soon be able to put my snowblower away too. I really think that machine has it out for me...we just do not get along. I swear it just fights back.

So it has been back to the grind the past couple of weeks. Was I not just on holiday? It seems so long ago. Time to plan again. I have to thank all the people we met on our trip who made it such an enjoyable time. From the couple in Paris who owned a bagel shop, our server each morning as we had our cappuccinos and chocolate croissants, the staff at Devillas Hotel in Paris (who treated us royally), our travelling companion on the train who we later met again in the streets of Venice of all places, Fabrizio and his companions in St. Mark's Square (yes next time we are in Venice we will email and meet you guys for espresso), the "nuns" who gave us laughs for the evening, the staff at Ca Pisani  Hotel in Venice (you were the best and we will be back), our guide for the ball, Elena, for getting us home in one piece, Bob, our friendly boat driver, the San Francisco couple and his mother, the couple from Netherlands, and Lilly, Allison, Rose and my cousin Lucy who the next time I get a call from that starts, "do you know what I am thinking?....." really has much more meaning in those words than you know.



No comments:

Post a Comment