Pages

Wednesday 14 December 2011

DREAMING OF A WHITE CHRISTMAS

So it's not quite looking like a white Christmas here in Northern Canada. Where is that white stuff? It does look beautiful on Christmas morning when you wake up and it`s just lightly hanging on the trees. After the holidays are over though, personally, I can do without it - It's the shovelling and snowblowing that I hate. Having to get all bundled up to go out to get rid of snow on the driveway - looking like Nanook of the North in my winter garb covered head to toe.  My fingers get cold, my hair gets wet, and I come in looking like a drowned rate. (not a pretty picture)

I added an extension to my driveway (what was I thinking?) this year so now I have even more area to remove the snow from. I tried my snowblower two weeks ago when it did snow, but it wouldn`t start. I must be doing something wrong...Me and technology - good. Me and snowblowers, lawnmowers or any other kind of mower - bad. I will have to try getting it up and running before we really get a lot of snow. Today the forecast says rain, so I'm alright for now. Not only do I need to find a lawn boy (to cut the lawn in the summer), but I need to find a snow boy. Even with a snowblower, I am soooo not looking forward to this.

I have my sister and her family coming up  next week from Toronto for the Christmas holidays. They are so looking forward to skiing the slopes and snowboarding on our ski hill. Really? I hope they are checking the weather channel because at this rate they may need to pack their rainboots instead of skis. We will have to skip the skating, skiing, and snowboading in favour of the apres ski activities (which include a bottle of Baileys, a cosy warm house, and some relaxation). Now that I am up for.







This cold is tolerable.

No comments:

Post a Comment