Pages

Friday 2 December 2011

PAUL BRANDT

I went to see Paul Brandt and High Valley the other night at the Capital Centre and I swear I thought the roof was going to lift right off the building. It was one of the best concerts that they have had there in a long time. And I totally didn't get the email that said I was to wear a plaid shirt- and red at that.

I was actually surprised we didn't trip a breaker in that place as well. Paul Brandt had so many lights lit up on that stage that you could feel the heat. It had been about ten years or more since I had last seen him and not much has changed. He still sings just as great with his wife as back-up singer. The opening act was new to me...but they were pretty well known to the screaming girls in the audience who bought up autographed T-shirts and pictures of the three young brothers. I opted for Paul Brandt's latest CD which he kindly signed after the show.

It was a great evening of music and it sure reminded me that North Bay is really very country (but I like rock and roll just as much).







No comments:

Post a Comment