Pages

Sunday 18 December 2011

CHRISTMAS TREES

The lights are all up, the baking is done, the kids have arrived home, and the gift buying is just about done. I think I am way ahead of the game this year - and still about a week to go. I still have some last minute things to put in the mail (yes I know....they won't get there for Christmas but maybe New Years).

One of the things I do like to look at is a Christmas tree all decorated. I just love how everyone decorates them so differently. There is no pattern to follow. Some of us have a colour scheme and some are a collection of nostalgic memories. I received three new ornaments this year from a friend - shoes. I love them. They reminded me of the tree in Boston that was decorated with high heeled shoes. Now that's a thought. If I can collect enough, I can do the same thing - not sure others will appreciate it though. Mine is its usual red - the colour I like on my tree. The bulbs are red as are most of the decorations. There are two that aren't, and they are the oldest decorations on my tree, but each year I put them on. They say "baby's first Christmas" - one for my daughter and one for my son. That's the nostalgic part of my tree. Here are a few pictures of trees in one of the shops I was in when in the states.



No comments:

Post a Comment