Pages

Monday 1 April 2013

CHIVALRY IN ROME

Women walking arm in arm, dogs quietly walking next to their owners, and couples with their arms intertwined walk before and after dinner catching up on the day's news...so part of this city. Out to dinner last night, I watched as the husband served the different courses, cleared the table, poured the drinks, and loaded everything into the dishwasher. Once again, I was stunned.Was my mouth hanging open? I looked at his wife and daughter, but it seemed very normal to them. Where have I been living. Chivalry is not dead in Rome. Can we bottle some of this up? I know a lot of women who would be very interested.

Walking past the Colosseum as it was raining,  there was an awful crash as a young girl driving her motorcycle slid halfway across on the wet cobblestones. As quick as the accident happened, a group of guys rushed out in the street in the middle of the traffic, picked her up and picked up her bike. Checking to see what she had broken, both on her and her bike, they helped her.





No comments:

Post a Comment