Pages

Thursday 17 November 2011

AN INFORMAL DISCUSSION WITH JAMIE OLIVER

That's what Jamie called it..."an informal discussion with Jamie Oliver" where you could ask him any question about his cooking, his life, and his interests along with taking home his new book "Jamie Oliver's Food Escapes". He told us he was in "our front room" and while he sat and talked to us and answered our questions, he would take a sip of his beer  (I'm pretty sure that's what it was) every once in a while, and  in the middle of a thought he would tell us about his evening the night before with Mario Batali and how they had had a little too much to drink.

Now I have to say I was very surprised at how many people were actually at the Roy Thompson Hall just to see him. That's more people than we can fit in our Capital Centre for any concert. He was quite humorous when telling us about what he hates to eat (but ate it anyway because it was a Navajo Indian tradition) - "lamb's asshole" - as he put it (oh and he reminded us it wasn't cooked or prepared in any manner either). But he said he did eat it, "and it wasn't good". I don't think I am going to be running out to try this either. In fact, I can pretty much guarantee it. Oh and his answer to "briefs or boxers?" - Well he said "anything that makes my genitals look good". So I guess he didn't quite answer that question for us. I had to pay extra attention and listen a bit more attentively because of his English accent but I was

Here is his newest book
  able to catch most of what he was saying.

He also spoke about his new book as well and how they test each recipe about 6 times, and each recipe ends up costing about 1800 pounds. And he talked about politics and how hard it is to try to get a healthy America when you have so much politics interfering.

All in all, Jamie is quite a humble guy hoping to change the world to eat a little more healthy and learn more about where our food comes from. I quite enjoyed my evening with him.

Not only did I get to see Jamie the past few days and get his new cookbook, but I also received a signed copy of David Rocco's new cookbook - "Made in Italy". Could it get any better?

No comments:

Post a Comment