Pages

Sunday 6 November 2011

SLOW RECOVERY

You would think I would rember to put the clocks back an hour so that I could have that extra hour of sleep, but I totally forgot that this morning when I woke up after being out all night and just did not remember. But that was okay, because I wasn't up for long. I took a Gravol and went back to sleep.

So slow moving is an understatement today. The wine gala was all it should be - a fun night out, good friends, good entertainment - Rick Emmett crooned, and lots of wine and food. They had Absinthe for us to try - which I did and found out that there is only one place you can get it at a restaurant in North Bay for about $15 a shot (or a drizzle because that's about as much as you get and then add the cold water to it). It was okay - reminded me of anise and what Italians used to add to cookies a long time a ago. There were many wines to try as well. Honourable mentions were Peller Estates and Cave Spring Cellars.

I enjoyed listening to Rick Emmett as he sang Eric Clapton songs and did indulge us with some of his Triamph music. Can the years really have gone so fast? He was quite a gentleman as he mingled throughout the rooms and spoke with guests as did the rest of his band. Hopefully, they enjoyed the evening as much as we did.

But the best part of the whole evening was spending time with friends as we laughed and smiled and held each other up as the wine we had been drinking started to take its course and the food we had been eating had just not been enough. I thank those friends for such a fun night out and hope they had just as much fun as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment