Pages

Monday 7 November 2011

Jamie Oliver Soon

I am getting pretty excited for next week. I get to spend two hours with Jamie Oliver at the Roy Thompson Hall. I don't know what he will be doing. Will he actually be cooking? or do a demonstration? All I know is we get his new book to take home, and I get to spend about two hours with the Naked Chef. Yippee! A couple of days in Toronto with some shopping and some dining are a good break to look forward to.

I hear his new book has recipes from Spain, Italy, and I think a couple of other places - not too sure. I haven't read the reviews yet. In fact, I am not even sure the book is out on the shelves yet. But I haven't googled it, and maybe I will just wait until I am actually there and they hand it to me.

So my excitement will live on for another week. Maybe actually being there and seeing and hearing Jamie talk about his experiences and how his recipes came about might entice me to cook more of the recipes in the book. It will be another book to add to my ever exploding number of cookbooks that I have accumulated. I have a passion for cookbooks and probably own over one hundred of them. There are just so many good chefs now with their own books - and when did they all start looking so good? Wow it's a whole new world and I think it started with Jamie Oliver years ago. So it is only fitting that I get to see him. So stay tuned and hopefully I have some good tidbits to tell you about Jamie.

No comments:

Post a Comment