Pages

Wednesday 23 November 2011

WARM WEATHER AND SANTA CRUZ BOARDWALK

With the cold weather setting in, pretty soon I will start hibernating.I really don't think this Mediterranean body is made for such cold weather...in fact I know it isn't. Although, contrary to what some of my friends may think, I have spent my share of time in ice arenas watching my nephews play hockey and my niece figure skate.  If it wasn't for the Tim Horton's coffee, I really don't know how I would have survived.

 It's really hard keeping warm when you are dressed in the latest stylish boots looking fashionable when your body starts to feel the pain of the cold as it slowly starts to set in, and your fingers start to freeze and you don't realize it until it's too late. And then you have to run out of the arena, and hope that there is some heat somewhere in the building so you can warm up your body again until the next time when you step out onto the other side and do it all over again.

Give me the hot weather...the hotter, the better. I have never complained that it is too hot. So today, I am thinking of Santa Cruz and being out on the boardwalk, the smell of the carnival food from the deep fried Twinkies, the giant size donuts, and lazing on the beach.  Old-fashioned carnival games and snack booths can be found throughout  as well as carnival rides. With so much to do, your day will go by pretty fast leaving you with just memories. Warm memories - not cold ones, and they are the best kind.

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is an oceanfront amusement park in Santa Cruz,California.  The Boardwalk extends along the coast of the Monterey Bay,


Emery with the biggeest donut ever
 



No comments:

Post a Comment