Pages

Wednesday 9 November 2011

SERENDIPITY

Serendipity....a happy accident or a pleasant surprise. Ever since I first saw the movie "Serendipity" with John Cusak and Kate Beckinsale,  I had been eager to visit its namesake restaurant. Maybe because the movie has connotations of "what ifs" and "possibilities", but also because I thought that John Cusak was quite gorgeous and funny in his role.

I had seen Oprah on her show once while she was at Serendipity 3, and having the frozen hot chocolate was on the list of one of the "must do" things in life, and that this was one of those life experiences not to be missed.  Now if you know anything about me, you will know that I do a lot of things because they are "once in a lifetime experiences" and you never know what is coming round the next corner or exactly how much time we all have to enjoy any of these things. So while visiting New York, I tried quite a few times to get to Serendipity 3 but was never in the right area of town or I was just too busy and didn't get there. (there was probably a sale at DSW and I couldn't tear myself away from the shoes).


So it was a pleasant surprise to find that while visiting Las Vegas, they too had a Serendipity 3 - but this time it was right at Ceaser's Palace and oh so very close to me. There was no missing out this time. On one of the hottest days there in early July I sat with a friend while being lightly misted with water to keep us cool - we should have gone there sooner. The menu is huge and quite varied, but the one thing I knew I wanted was the frozen hot chocolate. Anything else was bonus. I can't remember what I did end up eating before I had the frozen hot chocolate, but I know that whatever it was - it was on a huge scale. My friend had the foot long hotdog and it was exactly that. We ended up starting with a frozen hot chocolate shared between the two of us while we waited for our food and then we each had one for dessert - gosh we were stuffed. So whether you are in New York or Las Vegas, it is worth a trip to cool down for one of these treats. A must on the list of "must haves".



They also have an opulence $1,000 sundae. Seriously....

Now doesn't this just look sooooo good.

No comments:

Post a Comment