Pages

Sunday 26 February 2012

HOME AGAIN

Back home again, safe and sound after having my flights cancelled due to a strike in Frankfurt and eventually making it home in one piece with three flights that had me running through the airports to catch them on time. Rested? Yes. Although I loved Paris, it's fashion, it's food and the sights, I left a piece of my heart in Venice...with the people we met, the laughs we shared, the food we ate, and the life experiences too hard to put in words of a festival that is an authentic recreation of the closest thing that I will ever get to being in the 18th century. I would definitely recommend that someday in your life you get the chance to go during carnival time in Venice, and I am sure you will feel welcomed by the Venetians.

We barely get over the jet lag and my cousin has already said she misses being in Venice. Will there be another trip. Of course there will...and for sure another carnival.



Sunrise over Venice on our last day







No comments:

Post a Comment