Pages

Sunday 12 February 2012

MIDNIGHT IN PARIS

Today we went to the Louvre,walked through the gardens, went on a boat ride, stopped and ate pastries...did a little bit of shopping, and very slowly made it back to our hotel tired and exhausted. Trying to pack as much as we can in our days is in itself an exhausting task. It does look like I will return to Paris again, probably at a slower pace though...and maybe when the flowers have bloomed and I sit and relax on the benches and catch my breath. Midnight in Paris for a second night....And if you have had a chance to see the movie "Midnight in Paris", then you will understand me when I say....I am still waiting for Hemingway's car to pick me up and take me to another time. This whole city transports you back to past years and as you walk through the avenues and cross over the bridges, you can almost make yourself believe that you are part of this city's past.

So far I have found the people of Paris very friendly. We have met some very nice people along our way.Many who work in the shops are from other countries - Spain, Africa....and they have the most passion for this life they are leading here in Paris and have been super friendly to us.





No comments:

Post a Comment