Pages

Wednesday 15 February 2012

PARIS SHOPPING

Today we slept in a little bit and then made our way to do some shopping that took us to 7 o'clock. With bags in hand we took the metro home instead of walking today. After the past few days of walking through most of Paris, it was time to use the metro. So if you are counting our modes of transportation so far, that would be car, airplane, shuttle, boat, and metro or subway. Tomorrow we will check out of our hotel but not leave Paris until tomorrow night when we take the train to Venice. That will give us most of the day to do more shopping and eat the last of Paris' great pastries. If I could box them up, I would. That is the one thing I will miss here.

What I won't miss are the pickpocketers...the young kids who do this. Today as we were transferring on the metro we literally had these young girls behind us as we got onto the subway with their hands on our legs. What gave them away was that it's a school day and they weren't at school. My pocket book was in front of me and my cousin had hers in her coat pocket with her hand in her pocket. Both of us quickly moved out of their way and onto the crowded subway.When only one of them was able to get onto the subway, she quickly jumped off again. A woman on the platform started yelling and screaming, but she made enough noise that the scattered. That part I won't miss at all.





So when in Paris shopping or on a subway or train stay away from crowded areas where people shove against you. That's when you don't feel them because you are being pushed as you board. In only a few seconds, they can quickly take your wallet. While shopping today we did pay attention as we went about our way.

How did we do you ask?  I think we did pretty good. I myself am the proud new owner of a new pair of French shoes and short boots along with a new coat, sweater, pants, tops, gloves, hats, sraves and much more. My cousin seems to have bought a whole new wardrobe. We are not sure she has room in her suitcase, but we will find out tonight when we pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment