Pages

Friday 17 February 2012

VENICE

The train ride from Paris to Venice was quick when you sleep all the way. Our coach had four people sleeping in it - me the Canadian, my cousin the American, a French lady, and a woman who is Australian but is living in England. We were the United Nations just the four of us.

The group next to us was already in the carnival mode...Even as we were boarding the guys helping us out were already wearing masks. Wine was flowing as the group next door had spilled out into the hallway. Carnival has begun and we haven't reached Venice yet.

From the train we then took the vaporetto that let us off at our bridge where we pulled our suitcases over the cobblestone road to our hotel. Our suitcases have almost reached their limit in weight that we can bring back...I am not sure what we are going to do. We haven't even begun shopping in Venice yet.

And here we are...Venice greets me and wonders why it has taken  me so long to get back here. I wonder the same thing. I forgot there were so many bridges in this city. So our adventure in Venice starts.







No comments:

Post a Comment